So, I took Liv to her two month check-up and they asked me if she's smiling yet. Why, no sir, she isn't. So Jeff took on the project of getting her to smile. In his first attempt he got this:
and many more smiles that I just couldn't catch on camera. Well, when I tried (and very hard, might I add), this is all I could get:
Smart alec.
So already he's winning at that game. That's okay. I was talking to my sister about how my mom always seemed so stressed out on family vacations when we were growing up and how my dad was always relaxed and having a good 'ol time. Well no wonder! She had six kids (and two adults) to pack for, keep track of, get out of the door in a timely manner, make sure they were dressed, fed, washed, wiped, you name it. It's really amazing that no one got left behind
more often than they did
(yes, I was left at a rest stop for an hour once, but who's counting?)
So I'm afraid that by nature and genetics, I'm the functional parent.
But luckily when a certain parent displays a lack of enthusiasm because she happens to be a little worn-out and exhausted by two talkative, energetic, attention-demanding, although VERY cute toddlers and a more-than-occasionally-screaming baby (again, very cute despite a little irritability), there's Grandpa, and even Grandma who can finally relax, enjoy, cuddle, and spoil to her heart's content. She's put the fun right back in functional.
Free Frosties!!!
Racing the happy-meal cars with Grandpa.
And while they're busy playing and cuddling I can actually do this-
That's right, my rare and exciting event of the day: clean something.
What's there not to smile about?
(I'm talking to you, Liv!)






5 comments:
That little girl is so cute! Does she have red hair??? That's what I get for living so far away, I don't even know what hair color she has :(.
And, when dad sent those pictures to us (I added you into the email) Livi was totally smiling. So apparently she does it for them too...
Jen, you are amazing! Liv's smile is adorable!!!
Soooo cute! You are doing a great job, Jen, and your house always looks far cleaner than mine!
What a fun day we had -- just moving from family to family and playing with grandchildren all day! Love ya!
No offense, but it's just you because she smiled at me too. Of course, I am the favorite aunt. (sorry Nicole). And you are a great mommy! You are doing your job well if they are wiped, washed and fed. I can't always claim that.
Post a Comment