Jeff and I decided to be responsible parents and buy new photoelectric fire alarms (this, of course, comes after we have the pants scared off of us by a fire presentation from a company that wanted us to spend an undisclosed amount on their fire alarm systems). So after three years in our house, we're making big steps to protect our children from harm. On the box, it says that you should test your fire alarm weekly. Come on. Who really does that? Well, I am proud to say that I do. First I tested it with the traditional burnt toast. Then I tested it while sauteing zucchini. Next with a lone french fry dropped and forgotten on the bottom of the oven. And lastly, our babysitters tested it out with a bag of very well-done microwave popcorn. Which I can still smell everytime I run the microwave. So there you have it. The epidimy of responsible parenthood. Just to take it one step further, we also fixed our doorknob on the bathroom to keep Isaac out. So now we don't even let our children splash, play, and drink from the toilet. Let's see you top that one.
3 comments:
So do you love your fire alarm or despise it? I remember very often in our own home growing up, waving a towel in front of the alarm when we'd get out of a steamy shower and I hated it. But safety first right?:)
*Big Grin* Love ya', Jen!
Way to go. You are very responsible. Ours doesn't go off when we burn things. Does that mean it isn't as good as yours? Or maybe we just don't burn things as often.
Post a Comment