Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nostalgia

My kids crack me up. Like many lazy photographers, we occasionally take pictures, but most of the time we don't. After awhile, we start to feel guilty for letting our children's lives pass us by and we pull out the camera again only to find really old pictures that we've forgotten about. Today I was feeling a bit nostalgic and looked through some old (remember that children age in dog years- they're practically unrecognizable in a month's time) pictures that we recently found on our camera and I thought that I would share a few of my favorites.






Is that water cold, Isaac?







I'm honestly not sure if this is my child or not. But those are definitely my legs.






Pretty sure Elias took that one.







I don't know if you can see it very well, but I love Elias' brown eyes. They are the deepest, purest brown I've ever seen.





Daddy and the boys at Temple Square. They get their photogenic-ness from their Dad. Especially Isaac.


We had a childless evening, thanks to my sister, and now they are peacefully sleeping in their beds. I know because I just checked on them. It's my semi-hourly routine until I go to bed. Then I wake up at least twice and do it again. Except I'm just checking on Isaac by that point because Elias makes the job easy by sleeping next to me. And by next to me, I really mean hogging my pillow and squishing me out to the edge of the bed or feet pushing into me and head pushing into Jeff. I know that I'm feeding a bad habit, but when I drag him back to his bed, he magically appears back in ours in the morning. I'm fighting bigger powers here.
Besides, there's nothing like the aroma of stinky kid feet in your face to start the day out right. People say to treasure these moments because someday I'll want them back. So I say bring on the sleepless nights, smelly feet, and cramped quarters. I should take a picture of that.

5 comments:

~j. said...

Very nice pictures. I especially like that first one. Where were you?

Nicole said...

I can't believe how old they look. I couldn't decide if it looked like Isaac or Ryan either. Enjoyed Paul Eugene today?

Jen said...

The first picture is the traditional flooding of the lawn at the farm in Idaho. Imagine 30 kids running, screaming and tearing up your wet lawn. Sound like fun?

Mindy said...

Love the beautiful baby browns! I love taking a walk down baby pic memory lane, too. Although my kids wish I'd put the camera away and just play with them! You're such a nice mommy. I do not want kids in my bed. I'd rather get up and down all night!

Willy The Prince said...

You crack me up that you don't know if that kid in the picture is yours.

Fun - I get to look forward to smelly feet. Going strong at 28 weeks and feeling great. Hasn't really hit me yet that I'm going to be a mom....

Lots of Love,

Heather