Monday, February 23, 2009

What a steal!

So, I've been on a misson to find cute, cheap lamps for our nightstands to match our beautiful gray walls and red shag carpet, and I finally found them at Walmart. Unfortunately, most of the time, you get what you pay for. One of the lamps was completely and unsalvagably crooked. So I loaded up the kids and lamp and packed everything back for a switch-out. After an exhausting but sucessful second trip, we got home, screwed in a lightbulb, went to turn on the lamp, and... no on-off switch. Who thinks to check for that? So we trucked our way to Walmart one more time, and since we already bought the last of those lamps in a 50 mile radius, I unscrewed the switch off of a beat-up looking demo lamp and stuffed it in my diaper bag. Of course, I okayed this with the Walmart employee, who looked like she didn't care if I stuffed the whole lamp in the diaper bag. But at least it saved me the moral dilema and from looking like a shop-lifter on the Walmart security cameras.

Thank goodness for large corporations and low-level employees. Now for some cute pictures of my kids, not at all related to this post. They're not even holding the new lamp with the stolen switch.





With Grandma and Grandpa


With the snow head. Hey- I was working with some short attention spans.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Jen-Jen! I'm so glad you have a blog. I've got you bookmarked.

We've got one too at www.dayandngai.blogspot.com. Ours doesn't have as many cute pictures as yours though.

Willy The Prince said...

Yeah! Glad you have a blog girl.

Melissa said...

How exciting that you have joined the blogging world. It will be great to keep in touch and see how your family is growing! Woo Hoo!

*It looks like I am able to post a comment now. YEAH!

Colie said...

I love you!!!!!!!

Joy said...

Love the snow head!

Nik said...

Hey Jen. The WalMart lamp shade story is pretty funny, especially the part where you stuffed it inside the bag.

Mindy said...

This post cracked me up - laugh out loud funny! I feel the same way about Walmart. I went looking for a water bottle (the kind you can refill) one time and asked 3 employees. None knew where they were or if they carried them. One took me to the bottled water in the grocery isle. The other 2 didn't even attempt to help. Adorable kids! I miss you guys too! I keep trying to add you to my blog list, but it isn't saving for some reason.