However, I do recognize that it's my own guilty way of justifying my terrible habits. So that I can explain to my children someday that we were so busy having a great time (ahem...) that we just couldn't stop to take a picture. So, recognizing that this was pretty lame, I set a goal to do better. You wouldn't know it by the results, but I really tried. Luckily, smartphones provide an opportunity for all to be photographers. Including my children. And what we lack in quality, we make up for in quantity. So, after searching through the 4000 + photos on my iphone (and yes, I really do mean that), it turns out we actually do have a record of our lives.
For example, this fall, we took the family on a haunted hayride. Translation: one person in a mask jumped out of the cornfield and scared the daylights out of us while we rode by on a hay-wagon. Luckily, someone offered to take a picture for us.
Hmmm... We also celebrated Halloween. Oh, wait, I have no proof. But we DEFINITELY carved pumpkins. Sans one sleeping baby.
And thanks to a particularly nasty sickness we were all passing around, I cooked my first Thanksgiving (mostly) solo. Let's take a picture! Of the post-inferno yam pan, at least.
As you can clearly see, I have been sincerely trying to capture the significant moments of our lives. Now for a bit of the insignificant, because that's where the real and interesting moments lay.
Despite having to scroll daily through 200 new close up pictures of someone's eyeball, I hope that they continue to capture these moments so that we can remember what it was really like. The good, the bad, and the really really strange. Keep your fingers crossed!
2 comments:
I love it. I'm looking through an album all of pictures that I took and they are very similar to yours. Thy do give you a sense of what life is really like though:).
so cute! love your update. You're an adorable mommy. XOXO
Post a Comment