We are also UFO believers. When Jeff was in the Coast Guard, he spent seven months on a boat out in the middle of the ocean off of South America looking for drug lords. Scary enough on it's own, but add to it strange, silent, floating lights in the middle of a dark and stormy night and you add a whole new dimension of eeriness.
And we also pass on the story of the Sidehill Wampus. This one is new to me, but he's legend among Jeff and his brothers. He's like Bigfoot, only with one long leg and one short leg to better walk the side of the mountain. And he's scary fast, so if you see him on the side of the hill, run if you dare, but it's already too late.
Well, apparently we've bred the Sidehill Wampus.
That's right- he crawls on one long leg and one short knee and is scary fast in an attack. He even bites. My shoulder is still recovering.
He's less hairy than I had imagined, although he does have a beard.
And he's not afraid of wildfires.
Apparently the Sidehill Whampus is also closely related to the chimpanzee- he screams and grunts and has only one thing which he asks for by name: the banana.
So next time you're out in the mountains, listen closely, and if you hear the screaming and grunting, stay on level ground and pray that we're not in the campsite next to you.
5 comments:
I love you and your family.
I love it! Wish I could see it:)
And the legends live on.....
So cute!
I love it when you post pictures of your family. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I still think of Olivia as being a little baby...she isn't at all! What the heck?
I'll be done with work by the end of this month (or sooner). I'm hoping that once the newness of motherhood wears off a bit for me we'll be able to hang out more!
That is a very scary legend. And I have also been bit by the sidehill wampus, and it hurts. I don't actually tell my kids about Annie long bangs, because it scared me SO bad as a kid, and I don't have the heart to do that to my own kids.
Post a Comment