That's how I've been feeling lately. Turns out, I'm not alone in this plight of motherhood. At least there's that. Sometimes my kids call me the momster. You know, just to be funny. But let's face it, they pretty much deserve it.
But I did attend a great seminar on emotional burnout put on by the relief society, and I have to say, I left feeling much better able to handle it when Elias screams "No I won't!" at me for the seven-hundredth time in a day, or when I walk in on them ripping (not gently unscrewing) the cables out of the back of the DVD player, or when they bring their snow-covered buggy into the house and tip out all the melted (somewhat stinky) water on my pillow. The one they dragged off my bed and onto the floor.
As far as I can tell, I'm not actually raising little terrors- I hear this is somewhat normal for little boys. But all I have to say is, it's a good thing they're cute. I'm posting pictures of the good old days of last summer to remind me of sunnier and easier times. Well, except for Isaac's fractured collar-bone. I have to go now because I can hear them vacuuming.
3 comments:
Oh Jen I feel your pain! Boys are harder and a little more rambunctious while they are little. Thankfully that seem to outgrow it by 5 or so! So keep you head up and know that they won't be little forever!
You aren't a monster, or Jackell and Hyde. Especially because you so willingly watch my little monsters for me (in 1 hour). You are a great mom and a great example!
You're a great mom! and you have two pretty cute little boys! Everybody has those days. Love ya!
Post a Comment