Friday, May 22, 2009

A little camera-happy, but we love them anyway.

When I was in college, I moved at least every year, if not more. I wanted to live out of the country for awhile, and out of state the rest of the time. I considered myself a non-committal and thrived off of change. Then after college, I moved to Washington state and started dating Jeff. Things went nice and steady for about a year, and then out of the blue, we broke up. It lasted a few months, and during that time, I remember crying my eyes out in the grocery store because they didn't have my brand of deodorant. Change was not my friend. Since then, I pretty much cling to the familiar and stable. But today, after looking around at a few other blogs, I decided that this one is pretty drab and something has to change. Today is not the day, but watch out, because the winds of change are a blowing.



Luckily, it all worked out with Jeff and I and now we have our two adorable boys who we ditched for the first time for two nights with my parents. They were a little nervous for the whole thing as my youngest has a tendency to cry for five and a half hours (sorry Carolyn!) rather than be comforted by anyone but Mom or Dad. So here's a tribute to Grandparents and time away from kids.







They let me do whatever I want. It's just like being at home.

See that tongue? That's 24 hours a day. Even in his sleep.


Changing the oil with Grandpa. Where to begin...








Seriously, does life get better than this?







I guess it does.





Can you tell his favorite part of the song?



The happy couple returned.



We also had a party for Isaac because it has officially been a year since he popped into the world and joined our little family! Isaac is so funny- he has the strongest personality and if he wants something, everyone on the block knows it. But every time he gets laughing, he gets the hiccups and his first words were "tickle tickle tickle' while he reached over scratched at me with his little paw. Yesterday, I looked down to see what he was giggling at and he was trying to pick up a spider, which was trying to run away as fast as it could. Isaac was faster. But I still remember the feeling of completeness we had the first night that we were all home together as a family. So here's to you little Isaac! Our dirt-eating, spider chasing, dancing little funny man.





Elias after helping make Isaac's cake. Is he saying the pledge? I don't know.


Our load of dirt cake.

Elias blowing his own candle out after blowing out Isaac's. Isaac just wasn't catching on quickly enough.




He avoided the m&m's. What a confused kid.






Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa! For the party, the time off, and all of the pics. Our children would be memoryless without you.

7 comments:

~j. said...

My favorite part of the song: "Q R B"

I love any picture featuring your dad showing kids the horse, and any picture with the tire swing. I have some of my own.

Monica said...

I don't think your blog has anything wrong with it. My only suggestion is to add more of your 3rd grade journal entrys. Besides that, I think it's perfect.

Hey and good job living outside of Utah forever...

Carolyn said...

Isaac in the swing is like me after I've eaten too much cookie dough-fat guy in a little coat. I would also like some more journal entries. I think the ones during the Jeff break-up time would be fun.

Shelane said...

Your hair looks great.. and i think my mom has the same couch as the one that elias is singing the abc's behind.

Mindy said...

Such a cute post, Jen! I love your hair as well. Your boys are adorable and I'm totally jealous of your days away! But time goes so fast with babies, so I shouldn't wish for Ezra to grow up too quick, right?

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We were very happy to have the opportunity to take care of the boys, and we'll gladly do it again sometime! Love ya!

Willy The Prince said...

CUTE! I love it. You look adorable and your little boys are dolls. I feel the same way with change.